Skip to main content

Greatest Gifts

Greatest Gifts.


Every year, there is always those moments or special days that we get to receive presents from different people. From a family member, friend, and from God.
There are different kinds of gifts that we receive in life, something that is tangible and intangible.
Have you ever thought that the most expensive gifts that can be given are the ones that are intangible? Something that cannot be seen, smell, hear, touch or taste.

Hello Reader! So this blog post was suggested by a friend of mine from MSU Marawi(AB English), and to be honest, I have no idea what to write. Thanks Sir R for giving me this suggestion that made me brainstorm real hard. This almost cracked my brain. *insert peace sign?*

We all have those people in our lives who reminds us that when it comes to gifts, it is the thought that counts. But we can't deny the fact that there are times that the gifts that we receive are sometimes stupid. That person demands for something brand new and expensive, but they fail to even make an effort to give you a gift that has sincerity.

Gifts should not be about demanding for something what you want, it's about being selfless enough to think of others. It's not about receiving, but about giving and be thankful. Not about material things, but about intangible things, which are much more memorable and meaningful.

So I dare you to take this moment to thank every intangible things that you have received this year. Especially the ones from God, and that is His gift of salvation for you, that was not earned by good works, but by grace that you have been saved through faith. Salvation is a gift from God and is waiting to be claim in faith.

For me, intangible gifts will always be the greatest gift in this world.
God's love will always be the greatest gift that I have received everyday. So I am thankful that God hasn't let go of me, even though I am a sinner. He saved me and continues to amaze me with things that are beyond what I deserve for myself...

Reader, I hope this year and the years to follow, you will always learn to smile and be inspired.
In times when the world would try and bring you down, that will make you fall to the ground, I hope that you will always have the courage to stand up, rise up and shine again.

I am inspired to continue this blog because of you.
I'm thankful that every time I am in a dark room, writing with all my heart, behind every screen, someone is reading what I wrote.. Thank you. You are also one of the greatest gifts I have this year.

"The quality of the gift depends on the sincerity of the giver."
-Ann Patchett

Merry Christmas!

Sincerely,
Grace Dajao Flores

Links:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snap Snap

Snap Snap ft. photos WARNING: This is just a shorter blog. Selfie, groufie, stolen, candid or whatever snap of photo it is, it has a lot to say. A single photo has a lot of story behind it. Our minds can create different stories based on one photo. Pictures is also an art. Every picture is an art, and every art has a story to tell that has the ability to amaze the beholder. It doesn't matter what medium you use to create an art. By the way, if you don't know what a "medium" is, it's this object or material that is used to create or to finish a piece. Example: A fancy paintbrush for a blank canvas, and an expensive digital camera for photography. You don't need to have the fancy or expensive stuff to create your own beautiful art, you CAN create the most beautiful work of art with or without such great medium. "A camera didn't make a great picture anymore than a typewriter makes a great novel." -Peter ...

FRIENDS

Friends Warning: Contain photos that will not please your beautiful eyes. ft. MY FRIENDS Hello to my amazing, wonderful, beautiful, handsome, and incredible readers!! First of all, I'm so happy that I am experiencing the sembreak that I've waited since the first day of class, which is sleep and sleep, until boredom roars at me. So I know that some(other schools) are not really experiencing the same thing for this week, some are flooded with homework, schoolwork, and other more? I'm not really that updated, all I know is some are busy with stuff from school. Honestly, I miss going to school! I miss being with my amazing squad and other friends, and this sembreak is killing me. Huhu! Yes, school can sometimes give an annoying headache, but with presence of FRIENDS, I know every bad day can turn into something extraordinary. Friends are the kind of people who can understand your silence and would laugh at your waley jokes, they're the ones who stay a...

Friday @ School!!

Friday @ School!! ft. Iligan Medical Center College - Basic Education Department This is slightly like a day in my shoes kind of blog, but only a few parts are showed. In IMCCBED(Iligan Medical Center College - Basic Education Department), everyday before we start our classes, we have our flag raising ceremony, and I was so glad that I wasn't late this morning, Haha! I know I'm not the only one at IMCCBED who hates going to the prefect because of a bad reason. So, after that BOOM! Classes begin, but today, we spent our first period conducting a symposium with the 7th graders. My brother is in this class, and it took me 15 minutes to realize he was in front of me. Wow, what kind of sister am I? It was a great experience, and to be honest, I didn't expect them to be really behave. I expected them to be loud, but in the end, it was our section that was slightly loud in the back. AMAZING? After that, we asked them to write their own u...